Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In a world with lots of bad news...

We always gripe about the bad things, or share the bad news, but we often forget to share the good things and news. So, today, in a time when I'm hearing of people getting divorced, or dying, or having cancer, or suffering from depression, I'd love to share some good things going on.

First, I just celebrated the 13th anniversary of my marriage to my husband James. There were times when I thought we wouldn't make it, and we still have a long way to go, but we made it this far. That's a great thing!

Second, an old high school classmate was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma in May, and last week went to have part of his kidney removed. During the operation, they discovered the tumor was gone, completely. This is definitely great news, and makes me feel honored to be involved in a modern day miracle. All those prayers had a hand in this, most certainly!

Third, my brother and law got married last week on 6-20. We were unable to attend, but were there in spirit. We're told he seems happier than he's ever been, and that is always good to hear.

Fourth, in a time when the economy is poor and employers are laying off, my husband still has a job. They have had multiple layoffs over the past couple of years, but he remains employed. We are quite fortunate.

Finally, another blessing is that we all get to leave for Texas on Saturday to spend 3 weeks with family and friends. You never know when it will be the last time you see someone, so we have to make the most of our annual visits to Texas. I have memories of the last time I saw my grandmother, a month before she passed away. It was such an awful feeling, walking away and knowing that I would never see her again, because she was terminally ill. So, I make this trip armed with my camera, and have purchased a new one for my husband so that he might record his memories as well. We will enjoy our visit and make the most of it.

Thanks for reading this, if you took the time. I always hesitate to share good news because I don't want to brag, but someone pointed out today that it is good to share the good stuff, because we already hear way too much of the bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always good to hear good news, bragging or not. Good stuff,