Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday


And today begins the Lenten Season. Pray. Fast. Share.

This year, rather than giving up something for Lent, I'm trying something different. I plan to attend daily Mass. And most likely, the early service. So I guess I AM giving up something...time...and sleep. I started out today with the Ash Wednesday services at 8:30 am. But hereafter, it will likely be at 6:30 am. There is a 5:15 pm service, but that won't always work for me. As you can see, I was quite covered with the ashes this year. I think there is something in the ashes that I am allergic to, as well. So, maybe I'll end up with a cross-shaped rash on my forehead?

I will try to update on my daily Mass attendance and Lenten reflections this year.

What are YOU doing for Lent?

No comments: