Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Big Baby Girl!


Julia turned 4 today. It seems like she was just born yesterday. Now instead of a helpless newborn, she's a big girl of 4 that can do many things by herself. My parents came to visit for the weekend and she was so excited. She really latched on to Grandpa Bob. I am convinced it's because they both are big hand-holders. In any case, she has found the way to his heart. Yesterday, we all took the girls to the American Girl Place to the cafe there for tea time. The girls could take a doll and they even had little clip on chairs for the dolls to sit at the table with us. They provided tiny cups and saucers as well. I'm ashamed to say that my camera got left behind, but we did take lots of pictures with my mom's camera. I forgot to copy them off of her memory before she left, so I'll have to see if she can put them on a cd for me and mail it.

Today, on her actual birthday, we took her for donuts for breakfast, chuck e cheese for lunch (where we ran into her former daycare provider and family), and then Daddy picked the girls up happy meals for dinner. Her favorite gifts included a new princess bike, play doh and sidewalk chalk, as well as Bitty Baby Twins, one was a blond girl and the other a brunette girl. I think she said that one of them was named Garby and the other Bitty. That will be subject to change, of course.

There's something that's just so BIG about turning 4, because they really get it, and they've been looking forward to that birthday for so long. 3, they get excited, but 4, they've obsessed about and planned for for MONTHS! We'll have another big birthday this year. Sarah hits the double digits in May...


P.S. I know I've promised a blog entry on the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park, and I haven't forgotten. I've just been super busy. I know it'll be graphic intensive, so I'm dragging my feet...

No comments: