Saturday, January 3, 2009

Still alive--- what a week!

Sorry that I've been lax in updating lately. It's been busy! Since Tuesday, we've been out of town. We decided to go to San Diego to the zoo, wild animal park and Sea World. The plan was to go back home Friday after we finished up at the wild animal park right outside of Escondido (north of San Diego). James asked me to drive, and we were on the highway at a stop light. I was taking a sip of diet coke and BAM!!!! Got rear-ended. For those of you that know, back in October I was involved in a car accident and our truck was totaled. We've had the car about a month, and now it's rear-ended. At first look, it just appeared that the bumper was scratched up, cracked in a spot, and dented in another, and that was it. BUT, when I tried to pull away, it was obvious something else wrong. The rear bumper on the passenger side was where it was hit, and they also got the exhaust/muffler, and it was rubbing against the tire. We were able to get it away from the tire, but decided to go check in to a motel overnight and get it looked at to make sure it was safe to go home. So, right now I'm waiting for James to come back from whatever repair shop he's gone to. I feel kind of bad for the Lexus that hit us. The front bumper is messed up, the grill, the radiator, the hood, probably part of the front quarter panel and the air bags deployed. I figure hers will be totaled. For us, a new bumper, new muffler and they might find something else wrong with it. Oh, Julia's 2 month old car seat will have to be replaced. I told her I'd order her one with some pink on it. LOL The only comfort is in knowing that it is definitely not my fault! BTW, it took over half an hour for anyone to come to the accident site, and then it was a single CHP officer.

So, enough on the accident. When we get back home, I'll work on a nice post about our trip, complete with some pictures!

No comments: