Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sarah to be honored!

Sarah got selected as Leopard of the Month for her class at school. On January 30th, she will be presented her award certificate at the assembly in front of the school. I will make sure and post pictures! It's funny, she never received this award at all until 2nd grade, but now she's received it each year since. She's a good kid, so it did surprise me when she didn't receive it at least in 1st grade. I think with the old principal, sometimes your kid only got the award if you asked for it, which is kind of ridiculous. By the time she went through 3/4 of a year in 2nd grade, I was wondering if it wasn't true, about having to ASK for it. I almost commented on it to the teacher and the principal. With all the glowing notes home, good grades, etc, she should have received the award at least one in 3 years, right? Well, apparently patience worked, because she has gotten the award once each year since.

Sarah also often gets the top reader award at the monthly assemblies. That's kind of a hard one to get, if you log your reading honestly, which I expect of Sarah. It's always a pleasant surprise when she does get the award, because so many kids record pages that they have not read. She got that award at the last assembly, and I'm always most proud of that one, because I know that she honestly logs the exact number of pages read. I can't exactly tell you which parent she gets her fondness for reading from, but I think I would be her biggest influence because she sees me reading more often. In any case, both of her parents were big readers as kids, so take your pick!

No comments: