Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Black Friday?

No, I don't really waste my time shopping. It's not like the deals were all that good anyway, and I didn't need any off brand lcd tvs when I have perfectly good (albeit not LCD) tvs at my house. And no, they aren't even 50" or bigger screens. I think I'm the last person in CA who doesn't have a big screen tv, but I'm ok with that. I'm totally fine with the only debt being the mortgage, and trust me, out here that's plenty!

We had a nice Thanksgiving. I slept till 8, which is late for me, and the others were awakened at 8:30. I had to get them up to shower/bathe because we were going to Thanksgiving Mass. It wasn't until 10, but I had to leave earlier and get there at 9:15 at the latest. That meant James had to get Julia ready and make sure Sarah got ready. I did start Julia's bath and wash her hair and set out her clothes. I told Sarah what to wear, too, because she doesn't always dress appropriately for the weather, occasion, or match her colors in a way that I think is proper. (I'm only slightly picky) So, they made it on time and James actually did pretty well with both girls on his own. I noticed the girls were gone from the pews at one point, and I assumed Julia needed the restroom, which I assumed correctly. This usually has bad results, but apparently she did fine and actually used the restroom and washed her hands with little fuss. Our singing was great during the Mass and we managed not to slaughter the songs in Vietnamese and Spanish. It was a trilingual Mass. A great way to start off Thanksgiving, though!

My Thanksgiving gift to myself this year was not to cook, so we went out to eat, then came home for a bit until we were ready to go to the movies. They are always open on Thanksgiving and Christmas (crazy!) and we went to see Bolt. It's a disney movie with Pixar like animation, but it wasn't Pixar. John Travolta was the voice of Bolt the Dog and Mylie Cyrus (aka Hannah Montana) was the voice of Bolt's "person." It was pretty cute. Julia is asking to see it again today. Apparently they are also showing it in 3d and Sarah wanted to see that one. James wears glasses and says 3d glasses stink when you have to wear glasses. We didn't think Julia would keep them on either. Everyone knows 3d movies stink without the glasses.

I ended up the day watching the Aggies get a butt whooping by the longhorns. I knew it was going to happen, but did it have to be so bad? And it sounds like Texas isn't even going to get an opportunity to play for a national championship, which really stinks. But hey, after getting beat by Tech, maybe they shouldn't get that opportunity, eh?

No comments: