Monday, November 3, 2008

Tricks, no treats :(

Bad luck was really with me on November 1st. I was coming back home from my weight watchers meeting (.8 lbs lost, big whoop) and came to the intersection to my neighborhood. There isn't a protected left hand turn. It is common for the first person in line to pull a bit into the intersection and then turn when traffic clears or when the light turns yellow/red. I was first in line. The light turned yellow and the cars on the other side stopped, so I started my turn. A lady going the other way(who had previously stopped) gunned it and hit me. Air bags deployed, the horn went off. My asthma got triggered from the darned air bag "powder." I think it's really anthrax in there. Oh the burn! Also, my right foot/ankle started to hurt. It's more than 2 days later and the foot is still hurt and swollen. I got airbag burns and a cut on my left hand/wrist. That still hurts too. I'm not walking much and definitely not driving.

Now, to add to the list of tricks, they totaled out the truck. I really didn't want anything and definitely not a car payment. I guess I should look forward to driving a car with better gas mileage? And I should be grateful that I wasn't hurt.

I'm sorry that there are no pictures, but my camera was in the candy bag from the night before, and I didn't think my camera on my phone could do it justice. I have to go back and get a couple of things out of it so maybe I'll take pictures then.

No comments: