Friday, November 14, 2008

Nothing much going on

Well, it's been a rather boring week, not much going on at all. Sarah is still going to the after school science club 3 days a week. She claims she doesn't like it, but sometimes she's very excited about the projects they do in there. I just want to make sure she has every advantage when it comes to math and science because she's a girl!

Julia is still being her usual rambunctious self. She has become addicted to one of Sarah's old favorite movies: Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarrons which is a pretty cute cartoon. I don't mind her wanting to watch it repeatedly while playing because it has a great soundtrack by Bryan Addams and Hans Zimmer. I was just noticing that Matt Damon is the main voice in the movie, it's more like a narrative with little dialogue. Mostly she just likes to have the noise/music going on while she's playing with her toys. She's really into prtending and dramatic play. She has imaginary friends, including the extremely naughty "Invisible Julia" but when she says it, it sounds more like "Visible Julia" but I know what she means.

I did get a surprise last night. My dad sent an itinerary for a trip out here. He and my mom coming out right after my birthday and will be here for Julia's birthday. They have never been with her on a birthday, so this will be a great treat. As luck would have it, my church choir will also be singing at one of the masses that weekend. We usually sing the 2nd Saturday and 4th Sunday. The next couple of months are going to be busy. For Thanksgiving there is a multilingual service and we will be singing in English, Spanish, Vietnamese and Latin. We also have the Holiday Choir Concert and then will sing at *groans* Midnight Mass Christmas Eve/Day. I'm never up that late. Also, next week we are singing out at one of the Naval Bases for a Change of Command. One of our members commands the base and is being transferred to the Academy in Anapolis, and has asked that we sing there. She's the person that harassed me into joining the choir, so I figure I'd better show my gratitude by showing up at her special day!

No comments: